NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRY INTO THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES. VOID IN BELGIUM, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SWEDEN, TURKEY, THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT. These Official Rules (“Rules”) will provide you with the information you need to successfully enter the Promotion. These Rules form a binding contract between the Graduate Management Admission Council® ("GMAC®") and you as an entrant into the Promotion. By entering you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you breach a provision of these Rules, you will forfeit your entry into the Drawing. If you have questions, please contact GMAC at email@example.com.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the I Found My School Video Promotion (hereinafter, “Promotion”) and/or receive a prize, as of the beginning of the Term (defined below), you must be above the age of majority in your place of residence and have Internet access. Residents of Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Hong Kong, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Poland, Quebec, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates, are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, officers, and directors of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, its parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in their households of such employees, officers, and directors (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize. VOID IN BELGIUM, BRAZIL, COLOMBIA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SWEDEN, TURKEY, THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Promotion is subject to all applicable national, state/provincial, and local laws.
3. TERM. The Promotion will begin at 8:00am & Eastern Standard Time on August 15, 2017, and end at 8:00pm on November 30, 2017 (the “Term”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Participants are responsible for determining appropriate start and end times in their local time zone.
4. SPONSOR. Graduate Management Admission Council, P.O. Box 2969, Reston, VA 20195 USA is the sponsor of the Promotion (“Sponsor” or “GMAC”).
5. TO ENTER & WIN. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. During the Term, eligible persons may receive an entry by doing either of the following:
- Go to the promotional landing page located at http://start.mba.com/gmass-video-contest
- Enter your First, Last Name, Country and Email Address
- Upload your video. To be eligible for the prizes, the submission must meet the following requirements:
- Include the school you are attending by name
- Describe how you connected with the school through the GMASS program (e.g. received an email invitation for an event)
- Video entries must be in AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4 format and no larger than 5MG.
- Be creative! Contestants are encouraged to think beyond a “talking head.
- Run longer than ninety (90) seconds in length
- Contain profanity, nudity, or otherwise inappropriate material
NOTE: Limit: Entry to this Promotion is limited to one per person. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; or (iii) for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; or (iv) for any error, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry not in compliance with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide GMAC with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. Entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned.
6. JUDGING. All eligible entries will be judged by a team of four (4) GMAC employees evaluating how creative and compelling your story is. The decisions of the judges will be final in all instances. All rounds of judging will be blind and no judge will be provided with the identity of any entrant during the judging period.
For the Grand Prize, the eligible entry with the highest score from the judges will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone.
For the First-Place Prizes, five (5) entries with the subsequent highest scores from the judges will be selected as First Place Prize Winners. You may only win one of the prizes. A Grand Prize Winner will not be eligible to win a First-Place prize.
7. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION. On or about mid-December, 2017, GMAC will contact the Grand Prize winner and First Place winners. Potential winners will have 10 business days from notification to claim his or her prize. The prize notification from Sponsor will include instructions on how to claim a prize; failure to follow such instructions may result in disqualification and select of an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Some potential winners may be required to complete a mathematical skills test prior to being determined a winner. Sponsor is not liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by winner permitted. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges on the prize. If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner declines the prize, fails to claim the prize or ignores the prize notification, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Participants agree (a) to be bound by these Rules; and (b) the transfer of your personal information and your entry to the United States, where Sponsor’s data processors are located.
8. PRIZES. Six (6) potential winners will receive:
• (1) Grand Prize: $1,000 Amazon gift card (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) (1,000) USD$ / € 843.85 EURO AS OF 8/3/2017);
• (5) First-Place Prizes: $100 Amazon gift card (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) (100) USD$ / € 84.38 EURO AS OF 8/3/2017);
The total ARV of all prizes potentially awarded is 1500 USD$ / € 1265.77 EURO AS OF 8/3/2017
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or exchanged by any winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. All tax liabilities arising from this Promotion are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images.
9. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. By participating in the Promotion and submitting your Promotion entry, you agree to communicate for the purposes of this Promotion with Sponsor electronically. By agreeing to do business electronically, you (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Rules, (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to the Promotion website and to receive communications and documents electronically, and (iii) represent that you have a printer or other device to print or otherwise save communications and documents including, without limitation, these Rules and that you have, in fact, printed or otherwise saved a copy of these Rules for your records. This consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
10. License: By entering this promotion, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to GMAC, to reproduce, distribute, display, publicly perform and create derivative works of the Entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the promotion and for the purposes of advertising or promoting Sponsor’s products or services, in any media now or hereafter known. Entrants consent to GMAC doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their Entries. Display or publication of any Entry on Sponsor’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. GMAC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
11. RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, MODIFY, CANCEL OR SUSPEND. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and to select the winner(s) by judging all eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair or abusive practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents and officers as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (the “Promotion Entities”), from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, DAMAGED, DELETED OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE ENTRIES OR FOR ANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, MALFUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, HARDWARE/SOFTWARE, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. DISPUTES & CLASS ACTION WAIVER. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, U.S.A.; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA.
15. Data Privacy. You have the option to allow GMAC, as the Sponsor of the Promotion, to send you communications about GMAC, the GMAT exam, or GMAC products or services. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications in the communications or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information will be used to fulfill the terms of this Promotion and may therefore be shared with any subcontractor, agent or partner that assists or is otherwise involved in the Promotion or website operation and as specified in GMAC's privacy statement available at http://www.mba.com/privacy. In addition, if you elect to receive information about the GMAT exam, or GMAC products or services, your personal information will also be used to send additional information to that participant. We also may display your personal information (such as, your first name and first initial of your last name, and/or your place of residence) in public posting areas for the Promotion or in other advertising or marketing materials for the Promotion.
By participating in the Promotion and consenting to these Rules, you (i) grant your express written permission to the use and storage of your personal information pursuant to these terms; and (ii) acknowledge and agree to receive electronic communications via e-mail from Sponsor relating to the Promotion, and related products and services of Sponsor. Pursuant to applicable laws pertaining to data collection and processing, you may have a right of access to, consultation, modification, portability, destruction, and withdrawal of your personal data. You may also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to the Sponsor. The data controller, and the recipient of your personal data, is the Sponsor. Your personal data will be stored on servers located in the US and other jurisdictions monitored by the Sponsor. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby consent to the transfer of your personal information to the Sponsor for the purposes of administering the Promotion and for such other purposes to which you may consent as outlined herein. All information submitted to Sponsor as part of this Promotion will be treated in accordance with the privacy statement. If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
16. WINNERS LIST. For a complete list of prize recipients, please contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than December 30, 2017.®/™ Trademarks © Graduate Management Admission Council, 2017. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or Sponsorship of the Promotion. You are providing your information to the Sponsors and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Promotion.